Friday, February 10, 2012

RTW Cupid Party: Karen Michelle Nutt

Flyby Interview with Cupid
by Karen Michelle Nutt
Copyright © 2012 Karen Michelle Nutt


Karen: Good day to you, Cupid or do you prefer Eros?

Cupid: Either is fine with me. I’ll answer to both. (He flashes a heart-stopping smile Psyche must have fallen in love with.)

Karen: I’m thrilled that you took time out of your busy schedule to fly in for this interview. We’ll jump right in if you don’t mind.

Cupid: I’m ready. Shoot.

Karen: There have been rumors how you like to play pranks, making people fall in love with someone they would have never considered. Is this true?

Cupid: I’m so glad you addressed this question. I take Matchmaking seriously and choose my targets with the upmost care. Sometimes lovers need a little push or in my case a quick stab to the heart, to wake them up and see who is front of them. So what some may see as a prank, there is actually a plan involved.

Needless to say, I’m selective on who receives the arrow. I can’t go on a rampage of love and shoot everyone in my sight. Could you imagine what would happen if the wrong people fell in love? (He shakes his head.) The Heavens know, men and women do it all the time on their own.

Karen: (Clears her throat.) Yes, I suppose they do. What makes your arrows so special?

Cupid: My arrows are made of gold and dipped in a potion of love and desire. One hit with such power, the man or woman can’t resist the allure spreading through their veins.

Karen: Are there any lows to the job?

Cupid: Sure there are. Like any job, at times it can really make my wings bristle. Haven’t you heard the term: Love hurts? Well, I do have to shoot people in the heart. You try hitting a bull’s eye every time. It can be nerve-racking. And I have no time to pursue my own love life. Half the time I have to go around looking like a cute little cherub or no one will know who I am. It puts a damper on the love life, if you know what I mean. (Cupid winks.)

Karen: I like this look. Very much… Uh, moving right along.... So, what does it cost for your services?

Cupid: I don’t take cash, Visa or Master card. So don’t ask. What do I need money for? I’m a god. When people spread love and happiness that’s enough payment for me.

Karen: Well readers that concludes our flyby interview. Cupid, thank you so much for telling us about your demanding job. Is there anything else you’d like to tell the readers before you go?

Cupid: Yeah, love makes the world go round. Happy Valentine’s Day!

Contest: Just for fun. You have Cupid’s arrows and you can have anyone fall in love with you for the day. Who would it be? What would you do for the perfect Valentine’s Day? (Keep it pg13) It could be anyone in history, a character in a book, or a boy you had a crush on in high school. Time travel is not a problem.

Answer the questions and one lucky winner will receive an e-book copy of Mr. O’Grady’s Magic Box. (More contest info at the end of this post--you could also win a New Kindle!)

About Mr. O’Grady’s Magic Box (Unbelievable Finds Series):
Aubrey Jules, a reporter from Unbelievable Finds is sent to investigate a box, which is reputably older than time and crafted by the wee folks.

Mr. O'Grady, owner of the bed and breakfast in Dana Point, California, convinces Aubrey to wish for a soul mate.

When Ian Quinn, who abandoned Aubrey ten years ago, walks in she's convinced the faeries have a wicked sense of humor.

Karen Michelle Nutt resides in California with her husband, three fascinating children, and houseful of demanding pets. Jack, her Chihuahua/Yorkshire terrier is her writing buddy and sits long hours with her at the computer.

Her Book, Lost in the Mist of Time, was nominated for New Books Review Spotlight Best Fantasy Book of the Year Award 2006. A Twist of Fate was a nominee for Best Time Travel P.E.A.R.L. Award for 2008. Creighton Manor won Honorable Mention P.E.A.R.L. Award 2009.

Her new passion is creating book covers for Western Trail Blazers and Rebecca J. Vickery Publishing. In her spare time, she reviews books for PNR-Paranormal Romance Reviews.

Whether your reading fancy is paranormal, historical or time travel, all her stories capture the rich array of emotions that accompany the most fabulous human phenomena—falling in love.

Visit Karen at her website or stop by her blog for Monday interviews, chats and contests.


It's RTW Cupid Party Time!
One commenter on Karen's post will win a free copy of
and all this week's commenters will be entered in the
Cupid Party Grand Prize Drawing!
You could win Six Free Books
and a
New Kindle!


Comment each day for six chances to win the Kindle and all Six Books!
Yes, until the drawing, you can comment on previous days' Cupid Party posts, too!
Daily winners and Grand Prize winner will all be announced February 12, 2012

Small print:
  • USA mailing only for the Kindle. 
  • Email address must be included in comment to qualify for the drawing.
We have a great line-up for you this week!
Monday: Heather Hiestand
Tuesday: Jacquie Rogers
Wednesday: Beth Trissel
Thursday: Ginger Simpson
Friday: Karen M. Nutt
Saturday: Linda LaRoque
Sunday: Chicken Dinner, all winners announced!
Good Luck!

25 comments:

  1. Cute interview with Cupid. I loved it!

    slandon9903(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! Thank you, Jacquie for having me here today! I love this site and so did Cupid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah L,

    Thanks so much for coming by and visiting. Cupid sends his love, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, clever interview. Love the photo of you and your dog and am glad to know what breed he is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caroline,

    I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. My doggie, Jack, is a Chorkie, a cross between a Chihuahua and a Yorkshire Terrier. He's one of my four dogs, but he's the real sweetie. :) We have three cats, too that have us well trained. lol

    Thanks so much for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MAN KAREN, RIGHT NOW I'M PISSED WITH SCROOGE SO I WANT A MENGE' WITH DWAQYNE JOHNSON AND HUGH JACKMAN WITH JOHNNY DEPP ON THE SIDE!! LOL

    linda_bass@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super interview. It made me smile. I'm going to answer your golden arrow question. You see I already have the greatest love of my life, so I wouldn't use it in that manner. But, sad to say, I am a vengeful old biddy, so if I could have a golden arrow to make one man fall in love with me for a day, I'd have it aimed at my ex-husband's heart. So when he sought me out, I could sneer and spurn him the way he spurned me. Petty, I know. But sometimes being petty feels so good for the soul. Know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone to fall in love with me for the day - it would be Paul McCartney! And we would have a romantic dinner cruise on the ocean with wine and chocolate for dessert. My e-mail address is carol5g43@aim.com
    Carol G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda,

    Good choices. lol DWAQYNE JOHNSON AND HUGH JACKMAN WITH JOHNNY DEPP are all pretty SWEET! Thanks for coming by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vonnie,
    I'm glad I could make you chuckle.

    Being petty can be good for the soul. :) This is your fantasy--I say go for it. lol

    Thanks for answering the Golden Arrow question.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this blog. so funny and sweet. If i could have Cupid's arrow strike someone for just one day, it would be Sam Elliot. Ohmagosh, handsome, mature, and my Lord that deep voice.
    I already have Mr. O'Grady's Magic Box and I'm working my way through my TBR to read it. I know it's going to be fantastic.
    As always, it was such a pleasure to read your blog, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol,

    Paul better serenade you, too. lol
    Thanks so much for coming by and visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah,

    You're so sweet. :)
    Sam Elliot-- I love his voice, too. And dang, his smile does me in, too.

    Thanks for coming by and saying hi. I hope you enjoy Mr. O'Grady's Magic Box! I know how the To Read Pile is. I have quite a collection. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cupids arrow? Johnny Depp....Love a man that's so versitle!! You book looks like a fun read:)
    moriahhh at yahoo . com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karen, I love the interview... so cute :-) I would have to say Jason Statham. He is so hot and I wish he was mine. I'm a sucker for bad boys. lol
    christina_92 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Moriah,

    Johnny Depp does have a certain allure with any character he plays. :)

    Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christy,

    I'm so glad you enjoyed the interview.

    Jason Statham-- So you like the bad boys. :) I agree, he's up there on the HOT scale! lol

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds fun. Cant wait to pick up a copy.

    bacchus76 at myself dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Creative interview :-) With cupid's arrow, I would want to go with a historical author, maybe as far back as Chaucer... then see what he wrote about me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute interview with Cupid, Karen! I would like to have Cupid shoot his arrow into a nice, reliable man for someone else, but I can't say who!!! He could be good looking too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great interview. ;) Im not sure who i would have Cupid shot his arrow at. Can i take a rain check? lol Thanks for sharing! Happy Valentines!
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Donnas,

    I hope you enjoy the sweet tale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. mercuryval,

    Chaucer-- good choice. Your love would be immortalized. (hee hee)

    Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Linda,

    I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. :)

    I'm sure Cupid wouldn't mind you taking over for a day. lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. Shadow,

    Hmm... you'll have to get back to us on your choice. :) Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete

Romancing The West welcomes you to show your appreciation of our guest blogger by leaving a comment. If there's a contest, don't forget to leave your contact information. Thanks!