Saturday, July 16, 2011

Links To The Old West

by Jacquie Rogers

Every once in a while I'll be listing some links to blogs and other sites that tickle my fancy. You might want to take a look, too.

The first one is from Waring's Western Blog and the post is Hey--Where's My Horse? This post really cracked me up because it's about the perils of ground tying. Anyone who has had a horse has one or two ground tie stories.

The second link isn't an article--it's a website for Women Writing the West. Wow, there's lots of interesting information, plus you can find some good books there, too.
For something a little different, try the Durango-Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. Some friends and I rode on this train a few years ago and it was a fun experience.  We took the bus from Durango to Silverton, then rode the train back down the hill.  The train attendants were well informed and anxious to share.  I gathered quite a bit of information that will be useful when I get back to writing a western I have started called Sleight of Heart.

And speaking of Colorado, you might as well visit The Old West Colorado Blog. I enjoyed the article on Colorado Trading Posts.  Take a tour of the site, but you'd better bookmark it or you'll miss dinner.

Remember that any comments posted on Paty Jager's interview/excerpt or her post on stagecoach travel this week will enter you into a drawing for a free copy of Spririt of the Lake

Check back tomorrow evening to find out who won!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romancing The West welcomes you to show your appreciation of our guest blogger by leaving a comment. If there's a contest, don't forget to leave your contact information. Thanks!